Tuesday 21 January 2014

What is your talent? Well... you may be sorry you asked

I find that people are forever asking 'what is your talent', 'what are you good at', 'what can you do better than most'... and the answer isn't really one that most people consider something to be proud of.

I, Bree Guildford, am immensely talented at turning the most innocent comment into something dirty.

The wifey and I watched some of the Australian Open (tennis) on Saturday night and ended up in hysterics because the commentary just sounded SO DAMN DIRTY!  It was full of 'penetrating shots', 'taking it deep', 'slamming it hard', 'gripping the shaft'... and there was so much more, so so SO much more, but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.  If I didn't know better I would think the commentators were PURPOSELY being dirty.  Like they were sitting in their commentary box  laughing hysterically when they weren't live.

It doesn't get any better when the rugby season starts and suddenly the commentators are talking about 'finding the hole', 'pushing through', 'penetrating the hole', 'taking it hard up the inside', 'coming from behind', 'came from behind and found the hole'... it just goes on and on.  And I love it.

It seems other people have pegged this as being my special talent though, because when the following ecard was posted on facebook yesterday, I had about four people tagging me in it...


... and they aren't wrong.  It IS hard.  SO very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment