Sunday 23 March 2014

My Sexy Saturday, week 41

Welcome to week 41 of  the 'My Sexy Saturday' blog hop!  For those of you who don't know what 'My Sexy Saturday' is, it is a chance for writers to share 7 words, 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs of a published work, or a work in progress, based on a different sexy theme each week.

This week the theme is 'My Sexy Rebellion', and my excerpt revolves around India, 'rebelling' by standing up for herself against her family.

----------------------------------------------------


James hadn't expected Holly to cry when he said he wasn't going to be staying there that night, but he promised to come back with a special treat for her and that seemed to stop the tears. The trip to the city seemed to take longer than usual but in reality it hadn't been... he just badly needed to be with India and that seemed to make the time drag. As he drove down the now familiar street that India's house was on, he realised that he had no idea what he was going to say to her family, he also had no idea what type of reception he could expect. When he parked outside India's house he took a few deep breaths before getting out of his car and walking up the front path. Stopping when he got to the front door, he took another few breaths and then knocked. India opened the door almost immediately and when she saw him she threw herself into his arms.

“I'm so glad you're here,” India said and he quickly realised she was crying.
“I couldn't not come,” James told her and held her tightly while she cried, her tears making one patch of the shoulder of his shirt damp.
“I can't be here,” India whispered and looked at him miserably.
“You want to go to my house for the night?” James asked and India nodded then shook her head.
“Yes... tonight... but... is it still okay if I spend Christmas with you?” India whispered and James nodded.
“Of course it is... Lily told me before I left that if you wanted to come back with me that's fine,” James reassured her.
“I think I'm being unreasonable and maybe a little selfish, but I cannot handle spending Christmas watching THAT woman being all affectionate with my dad... and my sister is already bitching at me about the state of my house, the state of my diet, and the state of my life in general,” India whispered, and he could tell how emotionally drained she was.
“You want me to come in when you tell them, or shall I stay out here?” James asked.
“Come with me... please...” India begged and he nodded.
“Let;s do it... then you can pack and we can escape to my house,” James suggested and India nodded in agreement, before leading him inside. James felt uncomfortable when they went into the lounge and everyone stared at him. He squeezed India's hand and smiled encouraginginly at her.

“Um you guys, change of plans. I am not going to be spending Christmas here. I am not comfortable having the woman who is trying to take mum's place spending what used to be such a special time of the year with us,” India started, before turning to her sister. “Crystal, I feel like I'm constantly being judged when you are here and I know now that I don't have to put up with it, especially not in my own house. I know that my life is different from yours but I am happy and I happen to love my life... I will not have you telling me my house is a mess and that I'm fat and unhealthy. I may be all of those things compared to you, but really I'm a normal person,” she said, her voice shaking. India turned to her dad and continued, “Dad, I love you but I don't want to spend time with you with Clare around, it was just rude of you to bring her for Christmas and I guess it's my fault for not saying no when I really wanted to, but that's not the point,” she said emotionally. “I am sorry you've all come all this way to spend Christmas here but it's not going to happen. Clare's parents are here and I know we were all invited to their house so you might as well go there. I am sorry, I know you will all hate me for this, but I need to put myself first for once. I am going with James and don't plan on coming back for a few days. Maybe we can try again next year,” India finished, sounding more confident than she probably felt.
“What the hell, India?” Crystal exclaimed, and India shook her head.
“No, I'm not explaining myself. I am going to pack my bag then I am going with James. You guys can stay here tonight, but I won't be here,” India said calmly.
“You're not even going to introduce us to the man who has ruined our family Christmas?” her Dad asked and India laughed in a way that James could only describe as evil.
“That would be you dad, that would be you,” India retorted. “Everyone, James... James, everyone,” she muttered, getting the official introductions out of the way. India's sister stood up.
“We don't have to put up with this... I hope your Christmas is shitty and your life is the same... Come on Jake, we'll go and check into a hotel,” Crystal said and her husband stood up then followed her down the hall toward the bedroom they were obviously sleeping in.

India led James down to her bedroom and then collapsed on the bed and started crying. James held her and stroked her back while she cried all the tears that needed to be released, afterward she looked up at him and smiled sadly.

“I can't believe I basically just told my family to fuck off,” India sighed.
“I think you did what you needed to do... and you were right when you said you need to put yourself first... you DO, and you just did. I know it won't mean a lot, but I'm proud of you,” James told her soothingly.
“I don't know if it's a bad or a good thing that I don't feel guilty about it,” India commented and James kissed her on the forehead.
“I think that is all the proof you need that you did the right thing,” James suggested and India nodded.
“Perhaps,” she replied and cuddled up to him.
“Come on... let's get your stuff packed and we can go back to my house or straight out to the beach, whichever you prefer,” James said and India smiled at him.
“Do you think your family will mind if we head back there tonight?” India asked. “I just want to get away from here... my house, this city,” she added.
“I will text Lily and let her know incase they are planning on some pre-Christmas public living space sex,” James joked, knowing that in her 'condition' there was going to be no way Lily was going to be doing THAT, but still they weren't expecting him back so it was the polite thing to do.

While India packed her bag James texted Lily saying 'More drama going on than I realised, is it okay with you if me AND India come back tonight?' and Lily replied a few minutes later saying 'That is fine, is she staying for Christmas?'. James replied, 'Yea for Christmas if that is okay' and when Lily replied a couple of minutes later saying 'Yay, I can't wait to meet the woman who has made you so happy!' he showed India the text and she smiled at him.

“Your family has already been nicer to me than mine this Christmas,” India mused and James smiled at her.
“My family hasn't had their lives turned on their heads this year though,” James reminded her and India sighed.
“I guess so...” India agreed and when they heard the front door slamming she sighed again. “I presume that's my family clearing out,” she commented and James took her in his arms and held her.
“We can deal with your family later, but how about for now we try and concentrate on having a good Christmas and a nice week away together,” James suggested.
“That sounds perfect,” India replied and reached up on her tip toes so she could kiss him.

1 comment:

  1. A sweet,understanding hero. Not many guys would care what would happen.

    ReplyDelete